In conclusion, from a food industry perspective HOLL OSR oil balances the three
practical requirements for a functional food oil:
- Nutrition: HOLL OSR oil is the option which combines one of the lowest levels of saturated fats with substantial levels of oleic acid and only trace levels of trans fats.
- Functionality: with no substantial differences in taste, color and texture between the most used edible oils (e.g. palm olein and HO sunflower oil).
- Stability: with twice the frying life of regular OSR oil and similar performance to HO sunflower oil.
4 Good Reasons to use HOLL OSR Oil
1) It is a better option compared to most other oils for fried use because it has:
• One of the lowest saturated fat level
• Only trace level of trans fats
• Substantial level of oleic acid
• Good amount of Omega 3 (alpha-linolenic acid)
• Good amount of vitamin E
2) It is stable at high temperatures
3) It has longer frying life than most edible oils
4) It provides good taste to fried products