V353OL THE NEXT STEP IN HOLL OSR V353OL is a new HOLL variety which includes the benefits of pod shatter resistance and faster autumn development.
- Mid early hybrid, good development before winter, yield stability, good oil content
- Good overall disease profile
- Positioning: Alternative to V316OL (where extra vigour sought)
- The rapid autumn growth habit of V353OL suits a wide range of sowing dates.
- Where the risk of non-HOLL volunteers exists then the use of low disturbance establishment systems may reduce the risk of contamination and improve quality.
- Sow at a seed rate appropriate to achieve an even plant stand of 25-30 plant/m2 in spring. Higher plant populations may reduce the effects of volunteer non-HOLL plants on overall crop quality.
- A taller height means PGRs may be useful at stem extension to manage height and improve light penetration for maximum yield.